It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 20:24

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: BannerWeb, Re-Admission
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 00:24 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I was looking at my "profile" on BannerWeb, and it turns out that in order to register for any classes, I have to apply for re-admission. I figured that if I was gone from the college long enough, I would have to do that, but I was only "gone" for two quarters. The site said that you would need to reapply if gone for a year or more (and I'm apparently still listed as an "active" student). Then again, I looked at BannerWeb info for some other colleges, which apparently require re-admission after only two quarters.

Keep in mind that I don't have any definite plans to return to SCTC in the near future, but I just wanted to see how much money I'd have to pay out of pocket by playing around with the online registration. Apparently, the financial aid for each semester is around $1,200. I don't know if that would be enough to cover one class in its entirety or not.

I'm not sure if I should send in another full application, as I've already applied, they have my info., and I'm still listed as a current student, and it hasn't even been a year yet. I also don't know how this would/will affect my financial aid - and if I'd have to reapply for that. I also hope my low GPA doesn't mess things up. I wonder if maybe the reapplication thing is just a quirk with BannerWeb.

I don't expect you to have any answers/solutions for this, but any knowledge, advice, etc. you do have would be nice.

Post subject: Re: BannerWeb, Re-Admission
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 20:18 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jemascola wrote:
Well, I was looking at my "profile" on BannerWeb, and it turns out that in order to register for any classes, I have to apply for re-admission. I figured that if I was gone from the college long enough, I would have to do that, but I was only "gone" for two quarters. The site said that you would need to reapply if gone for a year or more (and I'm apparently still listed as an "active" student). Then again, I looked at BannerWeb info for some other colleges, which apparently require re-admission after only two quarters.

Keep in mind that I don't have any definite plans to return to SCTC in the near future, but I just wanted to see how much money I'd have to pay out of pocket by playing around with the online registration. Apparently, the financial aid for each semester is around $1,200. I don't know if that would be enough to cover one class in its entirety or not.

I'm not sure if I should send in another full application, as I've already applied, they have my info., and I'm still listed as a current student, and it hasn't even been a year yet. I also don't know how this would/will affect my financial aid - and if I'd have to reapply for that. I also hope my low GPA doesn't mess things up. I wonder if maybe the reapplication thing is just a quirk with BannerWeb.

I don't expect you to have any answers/solutions for this, but any knowledge, advice, etc. you do have would be nice.

I do actually have an answer.
If you are gone for a quarter, they shut off Banner access. you have to go register in person. you don't need a new app, as far as my knowledge serves. As for costs, you can get a few classes in, for under 1200 bucks. my first quarter with 3 classes was under 700 bucks, but I believe they have changed pricing since then. Also, I am about to send you a PM that may come as a surprise.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 22:13 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
I do actually have an answer.
If you are gone for a quarter, they shut off Banner access. you have to go register in person. you don't need a new app, as far as my knowledge serves. As for costs, you can get a few classes in, for under 1200 bucks. my first quarter with 3 classes was under 700 bucks, but I believe they have changed pricing since then. Also, I am about to send you a PM that may come as a surprise.
Thank you very much for the info. :)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 13:59 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, I've actually taken a little more initiative in a while in regards to college (mainly because I actually have some money to work with now) and went to the Southern Crescent website to see what the fees are. I don't know exactly what classes are offered as far as credit hours go now, considering that they've switched to the semester system, so at this point, all I can do is play around with the numbers.

So, for a three credit hour class like I took when I first went to SCTC, the tuition is $225. Ten percent of that is $22.50. Then, the mandatory fees (which are no longer covered by HOPE), come out to be $139. So, if I took a single three credit hour course, I would have to pay $161.50 out of pocket.

Now, if I took a six credit hour class, the cost is slightly higher, but not as much as I expected. The tuition is $450 for that, take ten percent of that, which is $45. Add $139 to that, and you get $184.00.

I went to BannerWeb and checked my financial aid award information, and for the Spring Semester of 2012, there is $1,275.15 in my award. I obviously don't expect you to know this, but I'm curious to see if I'd be able pay for the rest of my costs with that money since the cost of taking one class would still be less than the amount in my award. Then again, they'll probably just stick to the 90% rule, regardless of how much money is left over. Who knows?

Now, here's my question for you. You mentioned earlier that since I'm locked out of registering on BannerWeb, I'd have to go to the school in person and register. Who/where would I see? If it's room 606, don't they just have computers you register at through BannerWeb anyway?

I didn't have any concrete plans for returning to SCTC next semester, and I still don't, but I'm glad that I now have some actual numbers to work with instead of just a vague idea and not knowing where to find the info. Glad I actually decided to check the site, lol.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jemascola wrote:
Okay, I've actually taken a little more initiative in a while in regards to college (mainly because I actually have some money to work with now) and went to the Southern Crescent website to see what the fees are. I don't know exactly what classes are offered as far as credit hours go now, considering that they've switched to the semester system, so at this point, all I can do is play around with the numbers.

So, for a three credit hour class like I took when I first went to SCTC, the tuition is $225. Ten percent of that is $22.50. Then, the mandatory fees (which are no longer covered by HOPE), come out to be $139. So, if I took a single three credit hour course, I would have to pay $161.50 out of pocket.

Now, if I took a six credit hour class, the cost is slightly higher, but not as much as I expected. The tuition is $450 for that, take ten percent of that, which is $45. Add $139 to that, and you get $184.00.

I went to BannerWeb and checked my financial aid award information, and for the Spring Semester of 2012, there is $1,275.15 in my award. I obviously don't expect you to know this, but I'm curious to see if I'd be able pay for the rest of my costs with that money since the cost of taking one class would still be less than the amount in my award. Then again, they'll probably just stick to the 90% rule, regardless of how much money is left over. Who knows?

Now, here's my question for you. You mentioned earlier that since I'm locked out of registering on BannerWeb, I'd have to go to the school in person and register. Who/where would I see? If it's room 606, don't they just have computers you register at through BannerWeb anyway?

I didn't have any concrete plans for returning to SCTC next semester, and I still don't, but I'm glad that I now have some actual numbers to work with instead of just a vague idea and not knowing where to find the info. Glad I actually decided to check the site, lol.

first of all, the fact that you have that award, prolly signifies, that until you re-sign up for hope next year, you are prolly guaranteed the old full award amount, it seems. I can't be sure of that though. I do know that even with a small Pell payout in the higher income bracket, will pay the fees, and all.
As for going in person, as far as I know, it should still be in Room 606, unless they have moved it, but they do prefer you to do it on banner at the school. I think you may have to go by admissions though, to get banner turned back on, IF yours is shut off. there's also the extra fee, to register, normally classed as a late registration fee, even though you weren't registered at all. That Hope payout in your account may actually be what you received to pay for those classes you cancelled, a few months ago, since you obviously didn't use it. I told you not to believe banner.
Anyway, hope this helps, even if it's not 100% correct.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:50 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
first of all, the fact that you have that award, prolly signifies, that until you re-sign up for hope next year, you are prolly guaranteed the old full award amount, it seems. I can't be sure of that though. I do know that even with a small Pell payout in the higher income bracket, will pay the fees, and all.
As for going in person, as far as I know, it should still be in Room 606, unless they have moved it, but they do prefer you to do it on banner at the school. I think you may have to go by admissions though, to get banner turned back on, IF yours is shut off. there's also the extra fee, to register, normally classed as a late registration fee, even though you weren't registered at all. That Hope payout in your account may actually be what you received to pay for those classes you cancelled, a few months ago, since you obviously didn't use it. I told you not to believe banner.
Anyway, hope this helps, even if it's not 100% correct.
Thanks, man!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]