It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 19:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finally!
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010, 20:39 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I don't believe this, but wouldn't you know it, about a week or two ago, I finally got a letter from Griffin Tech - congratulating me as a new student. I was pleasantly surprised, as I'd given up hope that they'd ever remember or respond to my application.

I'm really glad now, although on the other hand, I do have two problems. One, I haven't applied for financial aid (my trips to Knoxville have kind of gotten in the way), and two (and most importantly), I won't be able to start college in the fall, as my mom and I still plan to make at least one more trip to Knoxville - and maybe even a few more after that - and chances are, we'll be there a while, and college will start before I'm ready. And see the thing is, back in April, I applied for the fall quarter. I don't know if I'll be able to change my start date to the winter quarter or not. I hate the thought of possibly reapplying again and going through all those months. Do you know if I can change my start date without having to reapply or not? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Finally!
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010, 20:58 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just sign up for 1 class, then drop it within the first week.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 21:01 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But could I talk to Griffin Tech and arrange to start classes for the winter quarter (or just register for winter classes when the time comes - as opposed to registering for fall classes) - or will I simply just have to reapply?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 21:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RedneckRoadGeek wrote:
But could I talk to Griffin Tech and arrange to start classes for the winter quarter (or just register for winter classes when the time comes - as opposed to registering for fall classes) - or will I simply just have to reapply?

Call them. They could prolly do something.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 23:27 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
RedneckRoadGeek wrote:

'Kay, thanks man.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2010, 13:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RedneckRoadGeek wrote:
danperteet wrote:
RedneckRoadGeek wrote:

'Kay, thanks man.

Winter Quarter starts in January, so you would prolly just be better planning for Gordon, but do what you need to do.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 02:35 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm still planning/hoping to get into Gordon, but there's still a few things I need to resolve first before dealing with that, and in order to do so, I feel I must start off at Griffin Tech first.

By the way, what are your plans for college besides Griffin Tech/Southern Crescent? Have you decided anything yet?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 09:58 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RedneckRoadGeek wrote:
I'm still planning/hoping to get into Gordon, but there's still a few things I need to resolve first before dealing with that, and in order to do so, I feel I must start off at Griffin Tech first.

By the way, what are your plans for college besides Griffin Tech/Southern Crescent? Have you decided anything yet?

Not really. My plans are to stay, until I am making enough money to justify not needing college, or graduation, whichever comes first, is up to the economy.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 20:26 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
RedneckRoadGeek wrote:

Not really. My plans are to stay, until I am making enough money to justify not needing college, or graduation, whichever comes first, is up to the economy.

Cool.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]