It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 19:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Withdrawal and Financial Aid Question
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 09:04 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A few days ago, I was on the Southern Crescent (Griffin Tech) site and saw an FAQ that caught my attention. The question was, "If I withdraw, will it affect my financial aid?"

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm wondering if that would apply to me if I were just going to stay at Southern Crescent for a quarter or two and then start over again at Gordon. Like you said, I would just wait until going to the college of my choice, but I just don't know how my dad's gonna feel about that, so I'm tempted just to go to Southern Crescent for a while anyway. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Withdrawal and Financial Aid Question
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 09:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would say go to SCTC on Diploma Program to get the Hope Grant, and when it comes time to register for the Hope Scholarship, abandon ship, and head over to Gordon, and register for the degree program.
Also, by withdraw, it means withdraw from classes. If you take a bunch of classes, and withdraw from them part way through the quarter, it does affect financial aid. It doesn't affect your financial aid to leave the school, as long as you don't leave part way through the quarter, and fail some classes in the process.
But yeah, I'd say go ahead and go a few quarters on the Diploma, just to keep your dad at bay. You must be on the diploma program to get the Hope Grant. if you registered for the degree program, just fill out a change of enrollment. It's not like it will matter once you transfer out anyway. Make sure you fill out the FAFSA for the Hope Grant in plenty of time, because you know how slow that school is.
I hope that is what you needed.

Post subject: Re: Withdrawal and Financial Aid Question
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 12:51 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, that was exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for the helpful information.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]