It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 19:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question for Daniel
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 01:09 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I happened to see this when casually browsing for things about Griffin Tech. Do you know what this is and if it's important for me?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126135784066777&index=1

I got some new copies of my high school transcript about two days ago, and about all I need to do is take care of my SAT scores. I'm planning to go to GT in person to deliver the transcript so hopefully nothing gets screwed up (so help me God if they mess up with that, lol...). What about the SAT scores, though? I guess do you just send them the scores with CollegeBoard?

Griffin Tech's supposed incompetence has set the application process about a month or so behind schedule. The FAFSA deadline is I think on June 30th. I hope I can make it in time.

Post subject: Re: Question for Daniel
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 12:27 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RedneckRoadGeek wrote:
I happened to see this when casually browsing for things about Griffin Tech. Do you know what this is and if it's important for me?

I got some new copies of my high school transcript about two days ago, and about all I need to do is take care of my SAT scores. I'm planning to go to GT in person to deliver the transcript so hopefully nothing gets screwed up (so help me God if they mess up with that, lol...). What about the SAT scores, though? I guess do you just send them the scores with CollegeBoard?

Griffin Tech's supposed incompetence has set the application process about a month or so behind schedule. The FAFSA deadline is I think on June 30th. I hope I can make it in time.

Umm, that facebook thing, is the deadline for summer quarter payments, I think. I may be wrong, but meh. That form Griffin Tech sent you to get the transcripts could have came in handy, because if you had mailed it to the high school, they would have sent Griffin Tech your transcript for free(Just found that out). Take your official SAT scores to them. I don't know how they verify they are official, but don't take your chances mailing stuff anymore. Btw, I bet you get up there with your transcript, and they say they already found the old copy. I don't know anything about sending the score with College Board, but you can either try that, or ask them when you deliver your transcript.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re: Question for Daniel
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010, 02:13 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
RedneckRoadGeek wrote:

Umm, that facebook thing, is the deadline for summer quarter payments, I think. I may be wrong, but meh. That form Griffin Tech sent you to get the transcripts could have came in handy, because if you had mailed it to the high school, they would have sent Griffin Tech your transcript for free(Just found that out). Take your official SAT scores to them. I don't know how they verify they are official, but don't take your chances mailing stuff anymore. Btw, I bet you get up there with your transcript, and they say they already found the old copy. I don't know anything about sending the score with College Board, but you can either try that, or ask them when you deliver your transcript.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Okay, thanks a lot, Dan. Really appreciate it.

That's interesting about sending the high school the Griffin form. I don't know if the high school would have ended up forwarding it to the Records Center, because I called the high school, and that's where I was supposed to get copies of my transcript. Plus, I wanted more than one copy on hand in case I decided to go to another college or in case, Heaven forbid, Griffin should have another screw up.

Guess I'll just see how things go from here. Thanks again, Dan.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]