It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 19:26

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: When should I hear back from Griffin Tech?
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 07:08 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I went to the post office on May 5th and mailed my application agreement, along with my $15 fee and high school transcript. So far, I haven't heard a word from Griffin - not from e-mail or by regular mail. Do you think it's normal for it to be this long, or do you think something happened? What's exactly the next step in the whole application process?

Post subject: Re: When should I hear back from Griffin Tech?
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 09:35 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You realize, if I hadn't called them 30+ times, I still wouldn't be enrolled. You need to call those dumb fucks, and ask them if they got it, and keep calling until you get an acceptance letter. lol. Did you fill out the FAFSA yet? If not, do that RIGHT NOW. If you don't do that immediately, you'll be paying for it yourself.

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 10:13 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, thanks.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 11:03 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's so funny 'cause just yesterday (only one day after I posted here), I finally got something from Griffin Tech in the mail and was relieved that they hadn't ignored or forgot about me. However, it turns out there's a little BS. They sent me something, saying that in order for my application to go through, I needed to send in my high school transcript and SAT scores. Now, the SAT scores are understandable because I haven't actually sent those in yet, but what's really stupid is that I mailed my sealed transcript in the same envelope as my application agreement and $15 fee. I mean, how do they mess up on that!? What do you think the deal is with that?

I was afraid this was going to happen, as that's my only transcript, and now I'm going to have to go to the trouble of getting a new one (although I actually plan to get maybe 2-3 so I'll have extra). Griffin Tech sent me a form to mail to WHS to request a transcript, but what I don't understand is that last I heard, it costs $3 to get additional transcripts, so I don't understand how you'd go about paying for that when you're mailing something from Griffin Tech, and it doesn't even mention about paying the school.

I'm a bit stressed about this - especially since my grandma's not doing too well, and we're probably going to leave for Knoxville on Saturday to see her, and I might not be around for a while to deal with this nonsense. I just hope I will still have enough time to send in my SAT scores and new high school transcript.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 17:44 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you should call the college, and tell them you sent it. That is bs. Do not get another transcript until you call the incompetent people at the college. I told you, that you should have taken all of it there by hand. Take the SAT scores there by hand, just in case they think they can lose that. I hope your grandmother gets to feeling better. Good luck with that as well Joe.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 17:49 

danperteet wrote:
I think you should call the college, and tell them you sent it. That is bs. Do not get another transcript until you call the incompetent people at the college. I told you, that you should have taken all of it there by hand. Take the SAT scores there by hand, just in case they think they can lose that. I hope your grandmother gets to feeling better. Good luck with that as well Joe.

hey dan.... should he keep calling like seacrching from CLI? XD

Some people need a hug...Around the neck...With a rope.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 17:51 
Site Admin
Site Admin

code_dragon wrote:
danperteet wrote:

hey dan.... should he keep calling like seacrching from CLI? XD

No comment on that one. Searching is never gonna have any luck calling a French production company.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 17:53 

after that he said if they ept being stubborn, he'd burn the building or something.... VIOLENCE ISH NOT TEH ANSWER!!!!(unless it's in my case, lol)

Some people need a hug...Around the neck...With a rope.

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 03:10 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:

Thanks, Dan.

Another update on the Griffin thing. I got another thing yesterday from them. I'm still not really sure what it is, but it appears to be some sort of receipt regarding the $15 admission fee. By the looks of it, I'm not sure if they're asking for another fee or not. I hope not. Whatever the case, this is all rather confusing and stupid, and I may have to wait a few days to deal with it 'cause we're probably leaving tomorrow.

PostPosted: 15 May 2010, 04:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My mom and I looked at the sheet yesterday, and it doesn't seem they're charging extra. Guess it's just a receipt.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]