[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Computer and Anime Paradise • View topic - Forum Changes
It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 05:15

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum Changes
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 00:56 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Over the next several weeks you will notice several visual changes to the site. These changes will involve themes, images and other things visual. Also there will be work on custom themes for different forum categories. I think once all the dust clears from the work, the site will be more friendly on the visual side. Hopefully the main theme will be up sometime Saturday.
More to come.
-Daniel

If you're looking to contact an admin, I would be the one to contact.
-Daniel(Site Admin)

Post subject: Re: Forum Changes
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 20:57 
Site Admin
Site Admin

An inconvenience in the new theme is that to go to someones profile you cannot click on their name or picture. You now have to click the profile button below their post. I'll look into changing that but no promises. Also I plan on changing the forum category icons but I don't have the icons yet.
Also keep a watch out for glitches or bugs. We'll be adding several things over the next few weeks and won't have time to go looking for them. Also there is a known bug in internet explorer. If you're using firefox you won't have a problem. But in ie if you type over 18 characters in the search box the search box starts moving to the left and going up underneath the layer it's on until it fully disappears.
More to come.
-Daniel

-Daniel(Site Admin)

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 11:55 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, I really like the new skins, Dan! Hope you can get the other glitches worked out.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 20:05 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've done some forum reorganization. You may notice some forums are missing from the main page. That's because they have become subforums. I haven't deleted any forums as of now. If you're looking for forums on the main page which may have a subforum look for this icon.
So far I moved games into Computers and Technology because most games discussed on this forum are either computer of platform games. I have yet to see a forum where people talk about board games. Also cool websites has moved to Computers and Technology.
Manga and anime has been split into two separate topics. Anime is under tv and videos. Manga is under a new forum titled literature.
The rise and fall of zap2346 is now in the chatterbox. No explanation on that one. Just didn't think it had front page potential.
I think that's it.
I hope everyone likes the changes. It makes the forum a little less cluttered and it gives us a literature section.
Enjoy
-Daniel

-Daniel(Site Admin)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 15:49 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad we've been doing some organizing on this board :)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 16:36 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are a few more organization things I want to try, but I haven't worked out the exact details yet.
We'll see what happens.
Cheers
-Daniel

-Daniel(Site Admin)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 19:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not to give away too much but there is a possibility of a board arcade. Hopefully that will bring a few new members around. I've got the files, tested them on the dummy forum and it's almost good to go. I don't know when i'll get around to it but when I do it's going to be full scale war on the forum. :twisted:

-Daniel(Site Admin)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 18:59 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today I changed announcements to site announcements, Created Members Bulletin Board, Moved Introduce Yourself Here, and Upcoming Events into that as subforums. I also moved all anouncements not related to the site out of this forum and put the in the Members Bulletin Board Forum. I have also set it so only admins can post in this forum. I have also made it where the subforums are listed under the forum they are in on the board index. I think this will help with the organization I've been pushing out over the last few months.
Cheers.
-Daniel

-Daniel(Site Admin)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2009, 19:12 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]