It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 02:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 12:00 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2009, 14:56
Posts: 999
Location: United States
I'm having some problems with my Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665. It keeps saying "Diskette A: Failure" when I boot it up, and it won't even boot from the hard drive. It just says, "Starting Windows 95..." and just hangs there. I looked in the case, and there's some light yellow acid coming from the processor. I suspect this might be the issue, but how the heck would a bad processor cause booting errors? Seems more like a controller issue to me. Any ideas?



_________________
I have the answer, I just can't find it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 00:37 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2009, 18:58
Posts: 1028
Location: Georgia, USA
Jemascola wrote:
I'm having some problems with my Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665. It keeps saying "Diskette A: Failure" when I boot it up, and it won't even boot from the hard drive. It just says, "Starting Windows 95..." and just hangs there. I looked in the case, and there's some light yellow acid coming from the processor. I suspect this might be the issue, but how the heck would a bad processor cause booting errors? Seems more like a controller issue to me. Any ideas?

Acid coming from the processor? I really gotta see this one. anyway, I suspect the problem is twofold, in relation to the boot issue.
with the floppy drive, I suspect a drive or controller error. in regards to the booting windows 95 screen, I'd say corruption. the acid thing is interesting through. I'd like to see this.



_________________
Image
If you're looking to contact an admin, I would be the one to contact.
-Daniel(Site Admin)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 14:09 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2009, 14:56
Posts: 999
Location: United States
danperteet wrote:
Acid coming from the processor? I really gotta see this one. anyway, I suspect the problem is twofold, in relation to the boot issue.
with the floppy drive, I suspect a drive or controller error. in regards to the booting windows 95 screen, I'd say corruption. the acid thing is interesting through. I'd like to see this.

Hey, Daniel, before we talk about this any further, I really think you should see this first:
Processor Corrosion



_________________
I have the answer, I just can't find it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 14:19 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2009, 18:58
Posts: 1028
Location: Georgia, USA
DIE!!!
:P



_________________
Image
If you're looking to contact an admin, I would be the one to contact.
-Daniel(Site Admin)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 19:07 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 24 May 2009, 16:27
Posts: 130
Excellent April fools troll. I can't believe you actually got me to think that there was yellow acid in your computer. lol


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Packard Bell Platinum Supreme 1665 Problem
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 19:58 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2009, 14:56
Posts: 999
Location: United States
mike wrote:
Excellent April fools troll. I can't believe you actually got me to think that there was yellow acid in your computer. lol
Thanks :). I tried not to make it too obvious.



_________________
I have the answer, I just can't find it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron