It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 14:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Also speaking of Atari
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 13:04 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If either of you ever find an Atari 7800 down there in Georgia you should definitely pick it up. It had some really awesome games, plus it was backwards compatible with the Atari 2600 as well. I've never owned one. I can never find them at any flea markets or pawn shops around here, but I played one when I was a id and I liked it a lot.

Post subject: Re: Also speaking of Atari
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 13:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mike wrote:
If either of you ever find an Atari 7800 down there in Georgia you should definitely pick it up. It had some really awesome games, plus it was backwards compatible with the Atari 2600 as well. I've never owned one. I can never find them at any flea markets or pawn shops around here, but I played one when I was a id and I liked it a lot.
I don't think I've seen one yet, but I'll be sure to look for them.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:31 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mike wrote:

Those are really difficult to find, compared to the 2600. Guess they just weren't as popular. I do have my eyes peeled for anything Commodore and Atari, so if I see one, I'll grab it up real fast.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:10 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah the 7800 wasn't popular at all. Mostly due to the fact that they decided to release it in 1986, a year after the debut after the debut of the Nintendo Entertainment System. Once again, BAD move by Atari from a business standpoint. Still, it was good console for faithful arcade ports, and it certainly had it's own small share of unique titles, some of which had pretty impressive graphics for the time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]