It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 03:05

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Commodore 64
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 21:59 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The computer that started it all, for me anyway. I was born into a house that was already equipped with a commodore 64 computer and an Atari 2600 video game console, and I started messing around with them at a very early age. I can pretty much say that I've been gaming and hacking since birth, which makes this commercial hit pretty close to home for me. Although I will always be critical of the company's frustrating lack of business sense that ultimately drove them under(which ironically could also be said about Atari), for me their is still no question about one thing. The best products of the computer industry were brought to us by Commodore. Also equally frustrating is the fact that Microsoft, which had NOTHING BUT business savvy is not only still around, but dominating the industry. Still, Microsoft didn't make the best selling computer of all time, that honor still belongs to the Commodore 64. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwTLpGzBB4

Post subject: Re: Commodore 64
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 11:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mike wrote:
The computer that started it all, for me anyway. I was born into a house that was already equipped with a commodore 64 computer and an Atari 2600 video game console, and I started messing around with them at a very early age. I can pretty much say that I've been gaming and hacking since birth, which makes this commercial hit pretty close to home for me. Although I will always be critical of the company's frustrating lack of business sense that ultimately drove them under(which ironically could also be said about Atari), for me their is still no question about one thing. The best products of the computer industry were brought to us by Commodore. Also equally frustrating is the fact that Microsoft, which had NOTHING BUT business savvy is not only still around, but dominating the industry. Still, Microsoft didn't make the best selling computer of all time, that honor still belongs to the Commodore 64. What do you guys think?

I have never owned or used a Commodore 64, so I can't say firsthand, but it does appear that they've had quite an impact in the computer/gaming world. I'm sure it would have been neat to use one of those things in the '80s. I have an Atari 2600 too, which my dad bought sometime in the '80s, but sadly, it doesn't work anymore.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:29 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jemascola wrote:
mike wrote:

I have never owned or used a Commodore 64, so I can't say firsthand, but it does appear that they've had quite an impact in the computer/gaming world. I'm sure it would have been neat to use one of those things in the '80s. I have an Atari 2600 too, which my dad bought sometime in the '80s, but sadly, it doesn't work anymore.

Got to use a Commodore 128 over at Jared's house a while back. He had a 64, but it was having issues. The Commodore line of computers was like an amateur coder's dream back in those days. :)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:47 
Site Admin
Site Admin

danperteet wrote:
Got to use a Commodore 128 over at Jared's house a while back. He had a 64, but it was having issues. The Commodore line of computers was like an amateur coder's dream back in those days. :)
I'll bet that was awesome. Does he still have the 128?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 18:18 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jemascola wrote:
danperteet wrote:
I'll bet that was awesome. Does he still have the 128?

Think so.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]