It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 02:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Steve Jobs passes at 56
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 22:02 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As you may have heard, Steve Jobs founder, former CEO, and current chairman of the board passed away today, October 5th 2011 of pancreatic cancer. Some of Steve Jobs achievements among many others would be bringing the GUI to the consumer market, making some of the best personal computers of their times, and making Pixar into the powerhouse animation studio it is today along with John Lasseter.
He was currently serving as the Chairman of the Board of Apple Inc. and a board member of the Walt Disney Company(due to his Pixar merging, which gave him the largest single stake in Disney). He is also credited with creating the wonderful fonts most computers use today.
Any comments are welcome, but I ask that they be kept partially tasteful since the dude just died.
Also note, I am not an Apple fanboy, but I do like to give credit where credit is due. Without him we wouldn't have nice fonts, tablet computers would still be dead, and we wouldn't have some of the great movies like Toy Story. I also love a lot of the Vintage Macs, just because that's what I grew up around.

Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs passes at 56
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 01:10 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was kind of surprised to hear about that, but then again, he did have his health problems. Rest in peace.

Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs passes at 56
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 11:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah I'm no apple fanboy either, but I have way more respect for Steve Jobs than Bill Gates.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]